First time here? Welcome and God bless you! During COVID, we are worshiping together on Zoom. Join us at 10:00 AM on Sunday Mornings! On this website you will find links to join our online activities. You can also find recordings of past worship services and other information about CVLC. If you are looking for something and can't find it, just click here and we'll help you.
The Almighty Triune God has given us a mission, it is: Fearlessly trusting God, we accept all others, ourselves, and our calling to give comfort. You are invited to join us in living out God's mission.
Luther and Mary - a Christian Education Series by Pastor Patrick Rooney immediately following Worship each Sunday in Advent.
Mid-Week Advent Services - Join us online for Holden Evening Prayer Wednesdays at 7 PM. Starts December 1st.
Living Nativity - Saturday, December 11th in the evening
Christmas Eve - 4 PM outdoor worship service and 7 PM online worship service
Christmas Day - 10 AM in person & online (Christmas Carols will be sung outside!)
Sunday, Dec 26th - 10 AM Lessons and Carols
Morning Worship Service
Click here to join our worship service at 10 AM on Sundays via Zoom.
You can also call in to listen to the Worship Service live:
Call: (646) 558-8656
Meeting ID: 476 495 930
2. Praise and Prayers
Saturdays at 1 PM in the CVLC parking lot. Click here for more information.
3. Sunday School on Tuesdays
Carla Stolzenthaler leads a 20 minute lesson for the children on Zoom.
Starts at 5 PM every Tuesday.
Click here to join.
4. Bible Study on Wednesdays at 7:15 PM
Bible Study is on Zoom. Click here to join.
5. Living Nativity, December 11th
We are planning to hold the Living Nativity the evening of Saturday, December 11th, 2021. (It's always the 2nd Saturday of December). You will experience the joy and warmth of the Christmas Story with live people and animals. It will be smaller than years past to maintain safe distancing. Sign up to volunteer on the members page.
6. Women of CVLC Bible Study and Fellowship
The women of CVLC are gathering on Zoom for Bible Study and fellowship on the second Wednesday of each month at 10 AM. Click here to join.
7. Helping Local Students Catch Up Academically after a Year of COVID School
Many students missed over 100 days of school in the past year. (There's only 180 days of school in a year!) We are working with parents and local schools, including Al Huda Academy on Revere Rd and Lowes Grove Magnet Middle School on Alston Ave. Contact us at 919-544-7195 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
8. Goodness Grows Community Garden
We can't garden on-line, but click here for more information.
Resource Ministry Team Meeting: Sunday 11/21 at 4 PM
Q&A session for congregational meeting will be 11/21 at 1 PM. The Proposed 2022 Mission Spending Plan approved by council for the congregation's vote is on the members page and the Weekly Blast that was emailed on Nov 17th.
Congregational Meeting will be December 5th at 1 PM
Meeting with the Mission Investment Fund, Nov 29 at 6:30 PM
Donate to CVLC online here (through Breeze). You can choose the General Fund, Building Renovations Fund (Together Campaign), or the Emergency Give Comfort Fund.
Donate to CVLC so we can live out God's Mission! We live out God's mission more powerfully because of you. Thank you for your generosity!
Donate to CVLC online here (through InFaith). All funds given through InFaith arrive anonymously in the CVLC General Fund.
Donate to other organizations that help those in need:
1. Donate to Lutheran Disaster Response here.
2. Donate to the Crop Walk here (25% stays in Durham and 75% goes international), In 2019 & 2020 CVLC won the "silver sneaker award" for giving the 2nd most of any small congregation!
3. Donate to the Parktown Food Hub here. (Write "Parktown Food Hub" under "Which congregation would you like to help?")
4. Donate to Durham Urban Ministries here.
5. Donate to Open Table Ministries here.
6. Donate to the Durham Rescue Mission here.
Donate or Get Food:
The office is open Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 9AM-2PM. You can drop off food donations for Parktown Food Hub & Durham Urban Ministries during these times. You can pick up grocery bags of food at the Parktown Food Hub drive-through style on the 2nd & 4th Thursdays from 4-6 PM. 5123 Revere Rd. Durham, NC 27713 (at Parktown United Methodist Church).
Money committed to the Building Renovation.
On May 31st, 2021, a resounding 76% of the voting members voted in favor of taking out a loan so that we can build the first two phases of the renovation at the same time. We are now working with the architect to make these goals a reality:
- the building will better reflect God's mission
- people of all abilities will be together in the building, this includes an elevator and new accessible bathrooms
- the band led worship service and choir led worship will be together in a more flexible Sanctuary
- more space for comfort-giving ministries
More information in the members section.
Short videos of members of CVLC talking why they support ministry initiatives at CVLC