Effective September 1, 2021, when the Positive Test Rate in Durham County stays below 3.0% for 2 consecutive weeks, we will offer an in person worship option on Sundays again. We will reevaluate the numbers in 6 weeks (by October 15th). The building remains available to the other groups that use the building "at their own risk" while following the city and county COVID guidelines for wearing a mask. Thank you. This is hard for everyone, so stay strong, be patient, give yourself & others grace, and God Bless.
First time here? Welcome and God bless you! During COVID, we are worshiping together on Zoom. Join us at 10:00 AM on Sunday Mornings! On this website you will find links to join our online activities. You can also find recordings of past worship services and other information about CVLC. If you are looking for something and can't find it, just email us at email@example.com
The Almighty Triune God has given us a mission, it is: Fearlessly trusting God, we accept all others, ourselves, and our calling to give comfort. You are invited to join us in living out God's mission.
Morning Worship Service
Click here to join our worship service at 10 AM on Sundays via Zoom. Or join us in the flesh in Fellowship Hall.
You can also call in to listen to the Worship Service live:
Call: (646) 558-8656
Meeting ID: 476 495 930
2. Sunday School on Tuesdays
Carla Stolzenthaler leads a 20 minute lesson for the children on Zoom.
Starts at 5 PM every Tuesday.
Click here to join.
3. Bible Study on Wednesdays at 7:15 PM
Bible Study is on Zoom. Click here to join.
4. Women of CVLC Bible Study and Fellowship
The women of CVLC are gathering on Zoom for Bible Study and fellowship on the second Wednesday of each month at 10 AM. Click here to join.
5. Helping Local Students Catch Up Academically after a Year of COVID School
Many students missed over 100 days of school in the past year. (There's only 180 days of school in a year!) We are working with parents and local schools, including Al Huda Academy on Revere Rd and Lowes Grove Magnet Middle School on Alston Ave. Contact us at 919-544-7195 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
6. Goodness Grows Community Garden
We can't garden on-line, but if you would like to learn more about how we give comfort to our neighbors and support the local Parktown Food Hub and helped a local LSC TBI home, or if you would like to get some dirt under your nails in the Goodness Grows Community Garden, contact us at 919-544-7195 or email@example.com.
Donate to CVLC so we can live out God's Mission!
Donate to CVLC online here. We live out God's mission more powerfully because of you. Thank you for your generosity!
You can give to the CVLC Emergency Give Comfort Fund by mailing a check payable to Christus Victor Lutheran Church to the church office at 1615 Hwy 54, Durham, NC 27713 and ear marking it "Emergency Give Comfort." We've helped 5 families with rent, utility, and medical bills since we started in March 2020.
Donate to help those in need:
1. Donate to Lutheran Disaster Response here.
2. Donate to the Crop Walk here (25% stays in Durham and 75% goes international), In 2019 & 2020 CVLC won the "silver sneaker award" for giving the 2nd most of any small congregation!
3. Donate to the Parktown Food Hub here. (Write "Parktown Food Hub" under "Which congregation would you like to help?")
4. Donate to Durham Urban Ministries here.
5. Donate to Open Table Ministries here.
6. Donate to the Durham Rescue Mission here.
Donate or Get Food:
The office is open Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 9AM-2PM. You can drop off food donations for Parktown Food Hub & Durham Urban Ministries during these times. You can pick up grocery bags of food at the Parktown Food Hub drive-through style on the 2nd & 4th Thursdays from 4-6 PM. 5123 Revere Rd. Durham, NC 27713 (at Parktown United Methodist Church).
Money committed to the Building Renovation.
On May 31st, 2021, a resounding 76% of the voting members voted in favor of taking out a loan so that we can build the first two phases of the renovation at the same time. We are now working with the architect to make these goals a reality:
- the building will better reflect God's mission
- people of all abilities will be together in the building, this includes an elevator and new accessible bathrooms
- the band led worship service and choir led worship will be together in a more flexible Sanctuary
- more space for comfort-giving ministries
More information in the members section.
If you have not already done so, you can still mail your intent card into the church office. Every donation will make a difference, as we build out God's Mission TOGETHER.
Together Campaign videos
Christmas 2020 videos
Vision 2020 videos