The heart of the Lutheran Church is a reciprocal relationship between God and His believers. We believe it is by faith in the Triune God that we are saved: God the Father the creator of everything, to whom we are reconciled by His grace; God the Son, Jesus Christ through whom we receive God's grace; and God the Holy Spirit through whom we can believe.
Other Christian denominations share some of the following characteristics with us, but only in the Lutheran Church are all five present. We are a:
1. Biblical Church. We believe the Bible is the inspired word of God written by Men, to be understood as "the Word" for a specific time and place. It is THE story of God and his relationship with His people. It is the #1 authority for us. God gave us the gifts of language, science, sociology and history that allow us to find the Bible as relevant today as it was when it was originally written.
2. Doctrinal Church. We believe the Book of Concord is the #2 authority. In it lies the doctrine that guides us in our practice as the church.
3. Liturgical Church. The tradition of the church is to "Hear the Word". There is a form and order to everything that we do, from worship and music to education and celebrations. Sunday worship follows the Church Year Calendar (the story of God and His people).
4. Confessional Church. We proclaim our beliefs using any of these three creeds: Nicene Creed, Athanasian Creed, and most often the Apostle's Creed.
5. Sacramental Church. The sacraments of Baptism and Holy Communion are the invisible grace of God made visible, and are experienced hand-in-hand with the Word.
All are welcome at Christus Victor. You are invited to Come and See.